2023 International Convention of the Association for Educational Communications and Technology
“The AECT International Convention brings together educational researchers and practitioners interested in learning design, performance improvement, and educational uses of technology. Join us as we share and learn about recent research and evidence-based best practices and engage in professional networking.
“The 2023 conference marks 100 years as an organization. As we continue to address critical issues within our field and in our larger societies, there is value in revisiting and reflecting on previous contributions that have shaped our current practices and perspectives; fundamental theories and practices that contribute to today’s research, policies, and practices; and whether our work includes, serves, and benefits from the diversity of learners and context.”
Use code EFL04 to get a discount on all print and ebook formats until November 30th 2023.
Routledge offers special congratulations to Curtis J. Bonk and Meina Zhu, whose book Transformative Teaching Around the World Stories of Cultural Impact, Technology Integration, and Innovative Pedagogy has won the 2023 Outstanding Publication Award for a Book from the Division of Culture, Learning, and Technology!
We also commend our authors who received awards in 2022 and 2021 from AECT.
- Ian A. Lubin won the 2022 Outstanding Book Award from the Division of Culture, Learning, and Technology for his book ICT and International Learning Ecologies: Representation and Sustainability Across Contexts.
- Curtis J. Bonk, co-editor of MOOCs and Open Education Around the World and MOOCs and Open Education in the Global South, won the 2021 David H. Jonassen Excellence in Research Award.
- Patricia Young won the 2021 Outstanding Publication Award: Book from the Culture, Learning, and Technology Division for her book Human Specialization in Design and Technology: The Current Wave for Learning, Culture, Industry, and Beyond.
- Joseph Rene Corbeil, Badrul H. Khan, & Maria Elena Corbeil won the 2021 Distance Education Book Award from the Division of Distance Learning for their book Microlearning in the Digital Age: The Design and Delivery of Learning in Snippets.
- Abbie H. Brown & Timothy D. Green won the 2021 Outstanding Book Award from the Division of Design & Development for their book The Essentials of Instructional Design: Connecting Fundamental Principles with Process and Practice, 4th Edition