Milton Park, August 27, 2021
Building on its sustainability commitments to becoming a zero waste and net zero carbon business by 2030, Taylor & Francis is very pleased to announce the transition of its distribution operations to the new Hely Hutchinson Centre (HHC) operated by Hachette UK Distribution and located a short distance from Taylor & Francis’ offices in Milton Park. HHC features a series of new capabilities which will provide faster and more efficient service while also reducing waste, including an ingenious new packing kit which cuts boxes to size and expands carton capacity on each lorry to help reduce deliveries. Boasting a Building Research Establishment Environment Assessment Method (BREEAM) rating of Very Good, HHC ranks in the top 25% of UK new non-domestic buildings and represents the use of “advanced good practice.”
Hachette UK Distribution continues to serve as an indispensable partner in Taylor & Francis UK/ROW print supply chain, providing the logistics that ship books into the hands of many of our customers. All the aspects of how we work with Hachette, including data interfaces between T&F and Hachette through day-to-day stock management, customer feeds, POD functionality, creation and management of packs/sets, credit control processes, eCommerce and more, are being reviewed and tested in conjunction with the transition to the new Centre and to ensure a smooth transition for T&F and our customers. We are aiming for Autumn to officially go live before the winter season gets underway, and are very enthusiastic about the scale, efficiency and environmental benefits that HHC and its systems will deliver moving forward.
There are several key changes that our customers need to be aware of:
- Your Account Number will change, and you will find this on your first invoice. We will also send you your new account number later this year prior to the change.
- When Taylor & Francis move to the new Distribution Centre, we will no longer be including paper invoices inside your book boxes; an e-invoice will be emailed directly to your nominated contact.
- If you are outside the UK, we will continue to provide an Export Invoice for customs purposes. This will be sent electronically to the carrier.
- Invoices will come from [email protected], please ensure that you add this address to your email contacts, so that invoices do not end up in your Junk/Spam Fold
- Invoices and order acknowledgements will be sent to you via email – please send the email address that you would like used for receipt of invoices and acknowledgements to [email protected]
- After the move you will receive boxes from Hachette UK Distribution (previously Bookpoint).
- Our Customer Service teams remain unchanged and will move to the new Distribution Centre.
- The new address for the Distribution Centre is Hachette UK Distribution, Hely Hutchinson Centre, Milton Road, Didcot, OX11 7HH, UK.
- The address for returns is going to change but not just yet; in the short term this will remain as Hachette UK Distribution, 130 Park Drive, Milton Park, Abingdon, OX14 4SE, UK.
- We anticipate moving to the new Distribution in Autumn 2021, we will confirm this in due course as our preparations continue.
For further information, see frequently asked questions
T&F are excited to be working with Hachette to relocate our book distribution to their new state-of-the-art facility near Milton Park. In addition to a more eco-friendly and efficient operation we will also benefit from new systems giving us instant confirmation of what will be supplied, and our customers will only be invoiced for items that have been dispatched.Emmett Dages
Chief Operations Officer
Taylor and Francis
HHC provides an unrivalled, world class service for our publishers, authors, and customers now and in the future. We are enormously proud of the cutting-edge systems and technology and the amazingly talented and knowledgeable team that deliver our book distribution services. We have transferred nearly all publishers into HHC, and Taylor & Francis are the final publisher on this journey. We look forward to welcoming Taylor & Francis and their customers to HHC later this year.Joanne Westbrook
Chief Operating Officer
Hachette UK Distribution